Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Weekend Women's Retreat

I spent the past couple days with other women from my church at the annual women's retreat. I am fairly new to the church and I was hopeful this retreat would provide an opportunity for me to build relationships and get beyond the obligatory smile and hello each week. I was also blessed to be able to share about my involvement in the ministry of Compassion International

What started out to be a rainy Saturday, turned into a beautiful, sunny afternoon at the coast - truly an unusual event here in the Pacific Northwest - especially at the coast!



While several ladies went shopping at the outlet mall, I took a walk on the beach. I didn't get very far because I found this amazing area of tide pools and was drawn in to observe the creatures that inhabit such places. This really made me miss my girls. They love to explore the wonders of tide pools.









What did you do this weekend?

4 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful rock pools. So much nicer and more relaxing than a shopping mall! Whats more, you can't buy anything...it is a free to enjoy! You definately chose the better option!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did I do? I spent Saturday at the Highland Games demonstrating spinning. I was just outside the door of one huge 'commercial' building. It overwhelmed me to even walk through the rows and rows of merchandise. No--I didn't buy anything except coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill,

    I've read about tidal pools in books before but I've never seen them before. Our beaches are different on the east coast, and it's so fascinating to see the wildlife that hangs out right there on your shorelines. Those anemones are exquisite, as well as the starfish. What a beautiful addition to your retreat weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanja,

    If you ever make it out this way, I'll take you to the coast. I never get tired of looking at the creatures that live in the tide pools.

    Kevin and the girls went crabbing and saw some really neat jelly fish in the water - something we've never seen before.

    ReplyDelete