Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Last night a life-long dream was fulfilled. Not only did I get to see my two favorite musicians of all time in concert together, Kevin and I got to meet them.

Amy Grant, Kevin, me (beaming) and Michael W Smith

How? Let's just say I've got connections and God used those connections to bless us in a very special way!

I've grown up listening to their music, as has Kevin, and we continue to enjoy their music. It was Kevin's birthday, and going to the concert was one of his gifts. Imagine his surprise when I told him we would also be meeting them.

Both Amy and Michael are spokespersons for Compassion International, and it was such a blessing to hear them talk about the ministry I love. Although we weren't officially working this concert, we hurried back to the tables to help get new sponsors signed up. There was quite a crowd and it was fun to help people.

It was a fantastic night! I'm so thankful for every aspect of the evening.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. My Christian teenage girl dress come true. You rock girl! Happy hobnobbing!

    ReplyDelete