Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer

IMG_4812 I can hardly believe it’s August already. With two vacations and an anniversary getaway, the month of July flew by. Now that August is here, it finally feels like summer. While much of the country has been suffering tremendous heat and humidity, we’ve had an unusually mild summer.

While we’ve been eating lettuce for quite some time out of our garden, we are beginning to get some zucchini, peppers and corn.

IMG_4394

It’s very exciting to see the harvest coming in. I think I am most excited about my flowers. I love to have fresh arrangements for my kitchen, and I love looking out to see my garden full of color.

IMG_4810

IMG_4817

Another reason it finally feels like summer here is that we were finally able to go for a sail ~ the first of the season for us. The Columbia River has been so high from all the extra rain and glacial melt off. Our boat is small and can’t fight the strong current, so we had to wait until the river level had gone down.

My mom was in town to experience our first sail of the season.

IMG_4763

We also took advantage of her visit and spent a day at the coast.

IMG_4769

Now I’m off to bake some bread and figure out how many meals I can make from all this zucchini…..

IMG_4820

How’s your summer going?

No comments:

Post a Comment