Recently I've noticed a beautiful result of minimalism in my life - the desire and ability to slow down.
I've made a conscious effort to make sure life is not an emergency. I'm trying to ban the words "hurry up" from my vocabulary. Creating physical space in our home has allowed us more space and time in our lives. I know so many minimalists have found this to be true, and I'm thrilled to now have my own testimony concerning this.
Some of the benefits I'm reaping include:
- reading for lengthy periods of time to my daughters (outside of school time)
- playing my violin and viola
- long walks / hikes with my family (with restful stops along the way)
- time and energy to prepare healthy meals and snacks for my family
- feeding the ducks in the lake with my girls
- sharing a glass of wine while looking at old photos with my man
- time to read and meditate and memorize