Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Cider

 When we moved to this community two years ago, we wanted to embrace it as much as we could. We are surrounded by orchards and vineyards...this is fruit territory! We purchased a cider press and started a new fall tradition of making our own cider every year. We've also used it to press our grapes into juice. 


Two weekends ago we picked the apples, and this past weekend we pressed them. 















7 comments:

  1. this is amazing. great tradition. are you also making apple vinegar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun, and the fresh cider is wonderful. We use to do this with a group of friends using an antique cider press, and it was a great party. Not possible now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great family activity with an awesome outcome!

    I'm happy to see your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved following this on IG! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are indeed fortunate to be able to partake in such activities. I always think the end product tastes 10 times better when you've made it yourself from your own produce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks cider-making involves some hard physical work, and the yield is so special. Great shots!
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2020/10/snow-in-september.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos of the apples. Looks like you had a good time making the cider. I love warm apple cider on a crisp cool fall day.

    ReplyDelete