Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Texas and the Gulf

We recently took a trip to Houston/Galveston to visit family. Wow...flying during COVID19 was a different experience. The airports were much less crowded and masks were worn the entire duration of traveling. It was weird going from a state that has been very cautious to a state that is further along in the re-opening phase...then returning to extreme caution. We enjoyed the different view and seeing family. We ended up going to Galveston Island for a few days - fresh air, seawater and space to get out and enjoy the sun. 












This is my daughter, Kayleigh. She's 13 and loves birds. She loves watching them, reading about them and photographing them. She was so excited to have the opportunity to see new species and bought a field guide about Texas birds before our trip. I've included several of the photos she took, but if you want to see more, she has written three blog posts about them on her blog Birds Outside My Window. If you have a couple minutes, she'd love to have you visit. She identifies them and talks about them.






I'm linking up with Good, Random, Fun and Seasons

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you even make palms look pretty and exotic! Sorry that they're so restrictive in your state. Fear has really taken hold with this virus.
    Love your thumbnail image! Also, I visited Kayleigh, great post -sorry I could not leave a comment because of the google profile for the comments. Wanted to refer her to Ken Schneider's blog (Rosyfinch) who is an avid bird watcher. Please pass that on to her. Bird lover tend to like each other's blogs:) Love TX, once I lived there, close to Dallas for my first BA degree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the boots pots. We want to fly back to Arizona but there are two problems. Arizona is peaking right now with COVID-19 cases and the heat waves with 114 temps make it less attractive. But we do want to get back to our RV that we had to leave down there in storage. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to get away, even in crazy times!
    Off to check out her birding blog!!

    ReplyDelete