Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

A Musical Summer


We've had a pretty musical summer. This was our 4th summer playing together as a family, and it's so satisfying to see how far we've come. 



This summer we released our 2nd CD and had a CD release concert in June.


We also played at the local farmer's market twice and are scheduled to play again in September. We also played at some local wineries and at the Lavender Festival.




I'm really close to reaching my goal of practicing 365 days consecutively....less than a month to go!
Earlier this month I hosted several other local musicians and we played through the Mendelssohn Octet. This was new music to me and such a fun experience.




I haven't been teaching much this month, but I did get to teach an online masterclass this past week and it was so much fun! We are wrapping up our musical summer with a trip to western NY (Buffalo) to play in an Irish Festival! When I get back I will return to weekly rehearsals with the community orchestra and a regular teaching schedule.






Linking up with



5 comments:

  1. Creative photos with the violin. Enjoy your music

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I think everybody should learn to play music in some form. I played several instruments in high school and it helped me to enjoy a lot of things, somehow.

    Your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week sure made my day!


    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful music - and creative pose of violin on the stump!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have practiced every day for a year! My violin has not been out its case for months.....perhaps I should rectify that! How wonderful that you play as a family, my family prefer to listen rather than play.

    ReplyDelete