Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Hall of Mosses

Last week we were able to spend some time with my family in Washington's Olympic National Park. We stayed in Forks, on the west side of the park near the coast, and got to explore some new areas. The forests there are amazing....especially the Hoh Rain Forest. The trees and ferns are huge and covered in moss. Most of the photos were taken on the Hall of Mosses trail.










This next photo is actually a tree that has fallen down and its roots are exposed. New trees have just started growing out of the top of it! I love that the root ball has the shape of a heart.






We gathered to spend time as a family, but also to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday. Here is a pic of my brother and I with our mom.



I'm linking up with Good, Random, Fun and Seasons

4 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing forest to get to walk around in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazingly gorgeous and so fun to explore with family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great and poignant visit for you as a family:) Love how nature does that - the tree with as its base a heart! Here they call it Spanish moss! Neat you could be there for you mom-in-law's birthday! Thank you for letting us all in on this milestone of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love all the moss in the rainforest? We have some here on the BC coast, but nothing like the Olympic Peninsula. - Margy

    ReplyDelete