Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Easter Weekend

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. It's been a while since I've posted...I needed a break so I took one!



My yard and garden are bursting with color - flowers and weeds alike are growing abundantly right now. I'll never win the fight against the dandelions.






Every year for the past 10 years (at least), my girls and I have planted an Easter garden.


We create a tomb and path from rocks and stones, plant some pretty flowers and add a cross. On Easter morning, the stone is rolled away and the tomb is empty.




Also new in the garden....4 new raised beds and a beautiful new garden arch. I'm so thankful that my husband was agreeable and willing to build me a new one. He built one for me several years ago and I had to leave it behind when we moved. I'm sure you'll see it featured in many photos this summer.






I'm linking up with Good, Random, Fun and Seasons

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking of you today! Glad you had a joyous day. Love the arch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, some major work in your garden! Nice to have some helpers here! We are still in the stages of trimming and getting the needles off the ground (a major deal for insurance!). Hope you keep us at all Seasons up to date of what will be growing in the raised beds! Am excited with you for this feature in your garden:)
    Don't worry, from knowing your sense of commitment I knew there was a god reason for skipping some weeks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Husband built a mighty handsome arch. Looking forward to seeing what grows up it. This year I've been hesitating about pulling up dandelions because I read that the pollinators like their flowers.

    ReplyDelete