Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, February 21, 2019

On Reading



Are you are reader? Our family loves reading...individually and together. I've been reading to my girls almost daily for their entire lives. Even now that they are 12 and 14 and completely capable of reading on their own, we start each morning with a read-aloud. Usually I get to choose what book we read, but this school year we are revisiting two favorite series that we have already read. Even in my own reading life, I'm re-reading quite a few favorites this year. Usually I focus on reading books that are new to me, but this year I feel like spending a lot of my reading time with books I already know and love.

This past week I took the girls to the library to do some research for school and found them like this...






Do you have a favorite book or author or series? If so, I'd love to hear about it in the comments.



I'm linking up with Little Things Thursday

3 comments:

  1. I like that photo of your daughters reading in the library. I used to read a lot, but as I've gotten older, I don't read much anymore. I'm not sure why not, though. I agree with you about sometimes wanting to read a book I've already read before: some stories are so great, one read isn't enough. The first book that came to mind, to mention, is The Angelic Avengers. Also, The Chronicles of Narnia. (Two very different genres.) I received The Princes of Ireland as a Christmas gift. It's a very good book, so I'm taking my time reading it, because I don't want it to end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite series is still the Travis McGee mysteries by the late John D. Macdonald. His female characters felt like real people even back in the 1970s when we women were struggling to be seen as people in our own right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read The Soul of an Octopus. Cannot recommend enough!! Just finished The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane today - how had I never read that before!

    ReplyDelete