Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Monday, October 22, 2018

Broadway Spectacular

I've mentioned it before, but I joined the community orchestra when I moved to Hood River last month. It's been such a fun outlet for me. Our first concert was this weekend (Friday night and Sunday afternoon).

The theme for this one was Broadway show tunes and we all dressed up like Broadway show characters. The first violin section decided to all represent Sound of Music.




In case you can't tell, I was the baroness...







We had a short rehearsal before the concert and as I was walking off stage for a break, my bow slipped out of my finger and fell....Not quite as tragic as when my violin broke, but still pretty tragic. Thankfully I had an extra with me and could play the concert.



My family came to watch and took this short video...enjoy!







I'm linking up with Good, Random, Fun and Seasons

3 comments:

  1. You look and sound wonderful!
    I am loving the violin playing nun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun -- dressed up to play show tunes! Your baroness look is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely production. You looked great in your costume as the Baroness.

    ReplyDelete