Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

My Frogs

My previous yard was an amazing habitat for Pacific Northwest tree frogs. I lived across the street from a lake and right next to a pond. My garden and yard were full of frogs and over the years I started photographing them regularly. If you've been around here very long, you'll likely remember some of the shots.

I don't know if my new yard will have any, but I do know several hitched a ride in my plants from the old place to the new place. And I know the gardens at the winery down the road have quite a few, so maybe there is hope for my new garden.

Anyway, here are some of the frogs I found and photographed before we moved.










And this one...I found it in my new garden. I'm not sure if it's one that hopped a ride or if it originated here. I posed this hopper on the hops that are growing at my new home!





7 comments:

  1. Very cute animals and very nice shots!
    Our vegetable yard here in Finland is also populated with tiny frogs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traveling frog eh? Love 'em. We call our place Frog Song Farm-----Quite a chorus in Spring
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smile... A happy WednesdayAroundTheWorld - it’s a wonderful Post, I enjoyed it so much!
    Wish you a perfect day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, they are beautiful!! Well done on photographing them - I had some frogs in my garden last summer but they were too quick so I never managed to take any good photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some great shots. Looks as if they were great models for your photos. :)
    Thanks for sharing with Pictorial Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete