Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Little Things....

Sometimes it's the little things that are making us the most happy. Things we might not normally notice because it's just too easy to take them for granted. Today, however, I'm taking the time to acknowledge the role they are playing in my happiness and give thanks.


1. Morning yoga
Several weeks ago I noticed tightness in my hip. I've been down this road before and landed myself in months of physical therapy, so I decided to take action right away and avoid the long recovery process. I stopped running and started adding 10 minutes of yoga to my mornings. While I take a break from running, I'm learning to love alternate forms of exercise. I know it's fine to resume running, but I also know I would quickly fall into the mindset of ONLY running, and my body needs other forms of exercise - particularly strength building.




2. Blooming peonies in my garden
I just love peonies and planted several bushes in my garden several years ago. Two years ago I had one or two blooms total, last year a few more and this year my bushes are loaded. I don't even hesitate to cut them and bring them inside where I can enjoy them over and over again. I've even been know to carry them from room to room so I can enjoy them even more fully. 




3. Audio books
I've been spending a lot of time out in the garden and yard. Yesterday I was out there for 3 hours, and today it was 4 hours. I've been listening to some good audio books while I work and it's such a great way to pass the time. Yesterday I was mourning the fact that I hadn't had time to read when I realized that actually I had "read" for 3 hours while gardening!




4. Mint Watermelon tea
I picked this up on a whim at Trader Joe's last week and it is surprisingly refreshing. I am tempted to stock up on it in case it's a limited release, but that's a sure fire way to get sick of it. I guess I'll just have to savor and enjoy it. 



Those are some of the little things making me happy right now....what's making you happy?






I'm linking up with Little Things Thursday


4 comments:

  1. Little things do indeed make of the majority of life - and I believe flowers add so much beauty and peace to mine. Do plenty of stretching exercises - I'm in a little PT right now developing a routine I can do at home with my arthritis. Strength and flexibility are really important I've found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is the little things that count. I really enjoyed your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tea sounds super good! I'm back in PT for my hip/glute/siatica (: sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried Trader Joe's ginger turmeric tea? I love it--drinking a mug of it right now.
    Yoga sounds like it would be a good choice for my stiff neck...

    ReplyDelete