Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Thankful for Tea

I really can't believe Thanksgiving is next week....where has this month gone? One of our traditions is to each create a Thankful book and write in it daily. I've always made this optional, and this s the first year my oldest has opted out. It's ok...I have all her books from past years that I love looking through. 






We've also recently resurrected tea time....usually held on, but not restricted to, Tuesday afternoons. This week it just so happens that we are having tea time three days in a row. Twice with guests and once alone.


Last spring I picked up some beautiful teacup sets at Goodwill for the three of us. Since we are determined to invite and include guests in our gatherings, I headed back to Goodwill to pick up a couple more. We also decided to start a guestbook and have our guests sign it so we have a record of who has come.



It's anything but fancy. Sometimes we have baked goods, sometimes we have fresh fruit, sometimes we have pre-packaged, highly processed treats. It doesn't matter. I want my girls to remember the conversations and laughs we had at this table, and tea time is one more way to invite them to share their lives with me in this way. 





I'm linking up with Little Things Thursday

2 comments:

  1. Insane how fast this month is going! I love that tea too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the thankful books. And you can't have too many fancy tea cups!

    ReplyDelete