Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Welcome February


February is here and in these parts that usually means the first blooms of spring. However...we are expecting another nasty winter storm this weekend, so I don't know if the blooms will make it. 

A new month means a couple new areas of focus for me. In January I focused on reflections in my photography and Mozart in my music. This month, my photography challenge has to do with framing. With this in mind, I took the photo below and I love how it also includes reflections in the window panes.





As for music, this month's composer of choice for me is Felix Mendelssohn. He was born on February 3, 1809 and wrote some beautiful music. I've pulled out my music for his violin concerto and have started working on it during my practice time. A couple years ago the girls and I studied Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream and I'd like to revist that story and listen to Mendelssohn's music of the same title.


These are just a couple of the little things I'll be doing this month. Do you have any goals for February?


I'm linking up with Little Things Thursday 

4 comments:

  1. These are great images & I love the 2nd one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Framing - love the idea of a monthly theme for photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mendelssohn is beautiful! His violin concertos are so sweet sometimes it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty floral photo. - I also like your framed building with the reflections. My goal for Feb. - To survive the last of winter.

    ReplyDelete