Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Alexander Hamilton's Guide to Life by Jeff Wilser



I picked up this book because I'm slightly obsessed with all things Alexander Hamilton, thanks to the musical. What I love about this book is how easy it is to read. Not only are the chapters short, but they are fun to read. The book is divided into ten different categories (like romance, money, leadership, self-improvement, etc.) and then each category has little chapters that explain some of Hamilton's quotes. 

It's a mix of biography, humor and advice based on Hamilton's writings. As I read I found myself laughing, nodding and shaking my head in disagreement. I'm certainly glad I picked up this little gem, even if I intend to live a slower life than Alexander lived. 



Disclaimer: I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review.

1 comment: