Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Full Bloom


taking a moment to find joy in the little things

{pretty}
I love where I live, especially this time of year. Spring is in full swing here - you might say we are at peak. I had intended to go to the tulip farm this past weekend, but ended up sick in bed instead. So, I've just walked around my neighborhood and here's what I found....

















{happy}
We have had amazing weather recently - sunny and warm. It's been wonderful to spend time outdoors every day. I know more typical spring weather will return, as will the rain, but we're soaking up the sunshine in the meantime.









Also fun and happy...our family worked a Compassion concert this past weekend. It's always fun to be part of something bigger than us and helping over 80 kids get sponsored was amazing!




{funny}
the weeds will grow wherever they can


make up your mind...are you a tree with green leaves or red leaves?



and this tree...cracks me up every year...half pink blossoms and half white blossoms

I know the above pics are examples of trees that have been grafted, and I think it's cool. This white tree, though, must have been a mistake because it's the ONLY white tree in a very long row of pink trees. It's definitely out of place. 




{real}
This time of year is so hard for me when it comes to school. The end is in sight and I feel the pressure to finish strong, but at the same time, I just want to be done. I want to go to tulip fields and rhododendron gardens. I want to plant my garden and go on long walks. Yet finish we must, so we are back to "bare bones" homeschooling right now. 

7 comments:

  1. Sorry you were sick! These are so pretty, I just love bleeding hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the row of bleeding hearts! And I am SO with you on the schoolwork...must get done, must get done....but, look there is the sun...and breezes....no, must get done, must get done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love seeing those crazy grafted trees too! spring is such a lovely distraction...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love seeing those crazy grafted trees too! spring is such a lovely distraction...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I spent my spring break sick, too. But just walking in the sunshine is great therapy. Like you, also, I'm ready to be done and focusing on finishing the school year strong. Thanks for sharing the beautiful sunny weather and spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely blooms - delightful variety!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/04/this-is-what-hope-looks-like.html

    ReplyDelete