Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, July 2, 2015

July Goals and an Update for June


For the past couple months I have I created and shared a few goals for myself. I have found this to be extremely helpful in how I prioritize my time. 



My goals for JUNE with an update....

  • run 75 miles, including a 7, 8 and 9 mile run (one of each) - I'm having a bit of hip pain lately, so I'm going to give myself grace if I don't meet this goal Sadly I developed bursitis in my hip and had to stop running for several weeks. I've had a cortisone shot and am feeling better, so I hope to get back to running this month. I'll also start physical therapy next week, so we'll see what that looks like.
  • start push up challenge I did well with this for the first 3 weeks, then vacation...
  • two ab workouts each week see above
  • practice violin daily YES!
  • practice mandolin daily no...too busy with violin
  • read Madame Bovary YES!
  • follow Fly Lady method of cleaning and decluttering by zones YES!
  • drink 5 glasses of water each day YES!
  • complete end of school year portfolio YES!
  • book family music gig (or busk somewhere) YES! - we played at the farmer's market twice and once at a winery (on vacation). We have several gigs booked for this month. 
  • put together photography portfolio for neighborhood show Totally forgot about this...



And now my goals for July...
  • run 50 miles (if my hip allows...only time will tell)
  • continue push up challenge
  • two ab workouts each week
  • practice violin daily
  • practice mandolin twice a week
  • read 6 books (1 being a read aloud with kids) - giving myself a break from classics and just reading whatever sounds good to me
  • catch up in daily Bible reading (and stay caught up!) - I've fallen behind again.
  • follow Fly Lady method of cleaning and decluttering by zones
  • clean out garage
  • make plans for next school year
  • put together photography portfolio for neighborhood show


Do YOU set monthly goals for yourself?

2 comments:

  1. I don't do monthly goals but I did set annual ones. BTW, I have a dulcimer I haven't played in decades. A few days ago, I was at a dulcimer shop on vacation and bought new strings and a book. I'm going to get the pegs tightened and try again.

    ReplyDelete