For the past couple months I have I created and shared a few goals for myself. I have found this to be extremely helpful in how I prioritize my time.
My goals for JUNE with an update....
- run 75 miles, including a 7, 8 and 9 mile run (one of each) - I'm having a bit of hip pain lately, so I'm going to give myself grace if I don't meet this goal Sadly I developed bursitis in my hip and had to stop running for several weeks. I've had a cortisone shot and am feeling better, so I hope to get back to running this month. I'll also start physical therapy next week, so we'll see what that looks like.
- start push up challenge I did well with this for the first 3 weeks, then vacation...
- two ab workouts each week see above
- practice violin daily YES!
- practice mandolin daily no...too busy with violin
- read Madame Bovary YES!
- follow Fly Lady method of cleaning and decluttering by zones YES!
- drink 5 glasses of water each day YES!
- complete end of school year portfolio YES!
- book family music gig (or busk somewhere) YES! - we played at the farmer's market twice and once at a winery (on vacation). We have several gigs booked for this month.
- put together photography portfolio for neighborhood show Totally forgot about this...
And now my goals for July...
- run 50 miles (if my hip allows...only time will tell)
- continue push up challenge
- two ab workouts each week
- practice violin daily
- practice mandolin twice a week
- read 6 books (1 being a read aloud with kids) - giving myself a break from classics and just reading whatever sounds good to me
- catch up in daily Bible reading (and stay caught up!) - I've fallen behind again.
- follow Fly Lady method of cleaning and decluttering by zones
- clean out garage
- make plans for next school year
- put together photography portfolio for neighborhood show
Do YOU set monthly goals for yourself?