Last month I created and shared a few goals for myself. I found this to be extremely helpful in how I prioritized my time. Some of my goals were accomplished at the last minute (one I even completed on June 1st), but the important thing is that I made some significant progress and accomplished quite a bit.
My goals for May with an update....
- drink more water (I currently drink 2-3 glasses and am aiming for 6-8) I definitely drank more water than usual, but I didn't keep track.
- read Heaven and Uncle Tom's Cabin. I've already had Uncle Tom's Cabin for 6 weeks and am only a few chapters in. I often start hard to read books, but then get distracted by easier to read books. I need to read a little bit daily and get through these. I did finish Uncle Tom's Cabin (loved it!) and made progress in Heaven. I also read Lessons from Madame Chic by Jennifer Scott and Jesus, Bread and Chocolate by John Thompson
- read The Wind in the Willows aloud to my girls - NOPE - none of us were enjoying it so we gave up.
- catch up and stay caught up in daily Bible reading. I got behind during Lent (when I also read through the entire New Testament). I'm only a few days behind at this point, but I want to get caught up. YES!
- run 90 miles - cumulative (this will be a new record for me if I accomplish it) YES!
- declutter/organize linen closet YES!
- practice violin daily - beyond playing with my students and girls. I really want to get back into this. YES - but some days were better than others
- follow the Whole30 diet (90% of the time) NOT EVEN CLOSE...I'm an all or nothing girl, so while I generally make good choices most of the time, my diet was not Whole30 compliant.
- wash windows and clean blinds (this was also my goal for April...) I got the main floor done.
- finish strong in homeschool YES! We finished our core curriculum and will do a month of science before completely calling it quits for two months.
Some miscellaneous thoughts and notes about May...
- I started having my girls unload the dishwasher each morning and vaccuum the main floor of our home each afternoon. They alternate days and chores and it's been a great help.
- My oldest started mowing the lawn (also very helpful)
- I did some major yard and garden work (seems to be an annual project)
- I got a mandolin and have started learning to play it
And now my goals for June...
- run 75 miles, including a 7, 8 and 9 mile run (one of each) - I'm having a bit of hip pain lately, so I'm going to give myself grace if I don't meet this goal
- start push up challenge
- two ab workouts each week
- practice violin daily
- practice mandolin daily
- read Madame Bovary
- follow Fly Lady method of cleaning and decluttering by zones
- drink 5 glasses of water each day
- complete end of school year portfolio
- book family music gig (or busk somewhere)
- put together photography portfolio for neighborhood show
Do YOU set monthly goals for yourself?