Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Goodbye May


taking a moment to find joy in the little things

{pretty}
My favorite way to relax and unwind is to go for an evening walk (alone) with my camera. I did just that this past week, and had so much fun finding beauty in the local park. It's a great opportunity to practice using my camera and manual settings.











{happy}
More than six months ago we won a silent auction for a private tour and tasting at a nearby vineyard. We invited some friends and finally cashed in on the offer over the weekend. It was a fabulous day and the wine was pretty good, too.






{funny}
Our girls went along because we had nowhere else for them to go, and I found this one reading in among the barrels.



{real}
We've gotten pretty attached to our little duck family that visits our yard several times a day. They actually come up to us if we are in the yard, almost as if asking for food. As you can see from the photo in the middle, there were five ducklings. Sadly, yesterday we only saw four all day. 




12 comments:

  1. What a lovely series. I love, love, love your flower close-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to get to go to the winery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your photos are amazing. Those ducks are just too cute and your wine tour looked like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always share wonderful photos - such talent!
    Thanks for linking up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/06/nesting.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative walk for you! I signed up for some photography lessons with hopes of learning something (since I basically know nothing ha!) You are such inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The capture of the sun through the trees captured my attention. Kids are amazing; never know what to expect. Cute that she found a place to read. The closeup of the bee is nice and love the color of those flowers. Very nice.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are certainly talented as a photographer. It was a joy to see your photos. I loved, loved the sweet girl reading in the middle of it all...so me at that age. Well, now too when I can get away with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, the purple in those first shots is simply luscious! I love the tonal variation in the barrel photo too. But what is this "alone" concept. You must tell me more about that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the gorgeous light in the top photos! My heartaches because seeing your hydragea make me sad that mine will not bloom again this year. I have to figure that out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm like you, I like to go wandering with my camera too. I love the purple flowers - such a vibrant colour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures. Everyone. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is the week I missed... well obviously not a good week to miss because I am in dream land over your photos... that winery tour, oh that does sounds dreamy. We were at a winery for our anniversary and I tried to take a family picture of the geese there with their baby. yah, they were not happy. And yeah for a momma picture with your baby ducks. I'm telling you I have never seen a blond duck, you know this. I am going to be on the hunt now, she is stunning. Fabulous photos friend.

    ReplyDelete