Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I Love November


taking a moment to find joy in the little things

The beginning of November is peak around these parts for autumnal glory. I was feeling rather sorry for myself that my oldest didn't feel up to going hiking on Saturday. I really wanted to get out there and enjoy the beauty of fall, not stay at home and nurse a sick child. But she and I stayed home until she mentioned wanting to walk to the park for a picnic. I'm so glad we went...we found so much beauty and happiness right in our own neighborhood.

{pretty}
















{happy}
Spending time one on one with my girls always makes me happy. I spend LOTS of time with both of them, but when I just get to hang out with one it's a whole new level of happiness.




We put together our shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child!


I got the most wonderful, thoughtful surprise in the mail this week. Adrienne of My Memory Art, followed my instagram series of Violin ABCs and was inspired to put together this memory book to send me. I've ordered my prints and am eager to put this book together. THANK YOU for blessing me, Adrienne!





{funny}
Look closely...you'll see she used the actual number as the first letter in the words five and forth : )



It's been a little windy here the past couple days.



{real}
These photos could easily have gone under the category pretty or happy. I remember seeing some mushrooms last year, but this year we have TONS! Maybe I'm taking more notice or maybe there really are more. At any rate, I find them very interesting and wonderful subjects to photograph. Like flowers and leaves, there are so many different kinds!







13 comments:

  1. I too love November! These are all stunning!! Those fungi are truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every one of these photos. The first is really entrancing with the contrasting colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aren't those colors lovely together? I love this plant and was excited to see the deep purples in autumn.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the visit and the sweet comment. I am enjoying browsing your beautiful blog filled with gorgeous photographs and today's post is no exception. Your fall shots certainly show you have a great eye for detail and what makes for a beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Nancy. I love capturing the beauty around me everyday.

      Delete
  4. Your november shots have been wonderful! Love seeing them all collected here. I don't usually photograph mushrooms, but some of these look absolutely adorable in photos - like a tiny gnome should be sitting underneath them! SO glad you liked your book! Can't wait to see a shot with one of your photos on the pages!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully next week I can post some pics of the book all put together.

      Delete
  5. Your photos are amazing!! Love the different mushrooms
    The hair blowing on Kay is extremely cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time one on one with your child really is a whole different experience isn't it? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are so, so, gorgeous! Enjoy the lovely weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those trees are really magnificent. So stunning.

    ReplyDelete