Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Goodbye Summer


taking a moment to find joy in the little things

{pretty}
We've still had very summery weather in these parts, but there are also obvious signs of the change in seasons all around. My garden is still beautiful and even as I walk around the neighborhood it's fun to see what's still blooming.














{happy}
Over the weekend my friend, myself and my husband ran in a Cause and Event race. You get to pick your favorite cause and half of your registration $ goes toward that cause. It's no surprise that we ran on behalf of Compassion. 


That guy right there....he turned 41 over the weekend. Marrying him was one of the best decisions I made in my life! He inspires me to stay fit and he is such a strong spiritual leader in our family and in our church. He's been preaching quite a bit and is getting better and better - Sunday he knocked his sermon out of the ballpark and we all learned so much. 

So a little funny thing about the race....my husband and I both placed in the "masters division" - that's just a nice way of saying the older people's category. If you are 40+, you are in the masters division. I guess it's one perk of turning older. He got 2nd place for the 5K and I got 3rd place for the 10k. Go old people!


{funny}
Part of our homeschool experience this year is that the girls cook dinner at least one night a week. I caught Kayleigh reading her new library book while stirring the spaghetti this evening. I guess they learn to multi-task at a young age!

{real}
Our summer vacation is officially over and we are back to school this week. It's my sixth year of homeschooling and I have a 3rd grader and a 4th grader! It's going to be a fun year.




13 comments:

  1. Hope the year is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the awesomeness of your photos! GReat job homeschooling your kids for so long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the yellow flower is such a beautiful creamy shade. And, if you are a master runner, I am a great grand master. I used to love to run, but my knees swelled immediately and lasted for weeks. Oh well. We will see just how out of shape I am at my nuclear stress test tomorrow. Yikes! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful photos. I love the flowers especially. And your kids are beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing at http://www.image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2014/09/elodie-farms.html. I hope to see you often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love catching up with all that's going on in your life, and love the great photos to go along with it! Happy birthday to your husband. That's so awesome that he's been preaching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely series of shots ~ all very creative and what a beautiful family!

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, vibrant flowers; congratulations on the run (it is wonderful to have someone who inspires and supports you in staying healthier) and I love the idea of having the children cook one meal a week - very good idea. Good luck with the new school year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A busy time ahead for you I am sure and learning to cook is a very important skill (so is multi tasking). I love the shots from your garden but most of all I love that sunset ... amazing colours and clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always have such uplifting images! Love the flowers and the images of real life. I'm sure I would enjoy having a cup of coffee or tea with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your posts with a peek into your life! They are some of my favorite to read. I actually thought I already left a comment here because I read this over the weekend :-). Good thing I checked.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful are your flowersphotos!
    Greetings...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just discovered your blog, and am enjoying your lovely photos! Beautiful flower shots!

    ReplyDelete