Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Spring Hiking and Easter

taking a moment to find joy in the little things

{pretty}


Right now is a beautiful time to hike in this area. There are so many wildflowers blooming and it's so much fun seeing them. The following are from a hike we did on Saturday, and it's really just a small sampling of what we saw. I'd hate to bore you with too many...










{happy}

And then it was Easter. I love how excited my girls get...an egg hunt in the backyard with just the two of them is all the excitement they need.




I ran across and instagrammer who does chalk art with her daughter. The photos they made were so creative and I showed my girls. Almost immediately they set off to work on their own. I love seeing what they come up with. Sydney is the artist and Kayleigh is the model. 






{funny}

Finally...a pinterest fail! I was trying to make a bunny rabbit face with eggs and bacon but it looks more scary than cute.



My husband turned his upside down and made an egg man.

23 comments:

  1. Whatever the curly plant is I love that photo. You must follow Kelle on IG! Love this chalk drawings with your girlies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. LOVE the flowers...never bored with their beauty! And what creative young girls you have...I never would'v thought of using a model as part of the art! They did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chalk art photos are just beautiful! I must try this with my girls. And your egg man gave me a good laugh: thank goodness it was probably just delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No boredom here! These are fabulous! Love your chalk drawings and the fern unfurling is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm glad I got photos of the chalk drawings since the rain has washed them away!

      Delete
  5. the chalk drawings are beautiful! Won't they be lovely to have when your girls are grown? The scary egg bunny is a hoot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I'm glad I took photos because the rain has already washed them away - which also means a clean slate for more creations.

      Delete
  6. I love that instagram creativity. They did a great job! And the third flower shot is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I thought they did a great job, too! Better than I could do.

      Delete
  7. Loving all the flower photos! The chalk drawings are AMAZING! I will have to do that with my kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That butterfly/fairy chalk picture is my favorite! How awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chalk drawings are so much fun! I will have to keep that in my idea bank for when my kiddos are a bit older. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful photos! I love all the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots! Enjoyed every one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful
    love those colors

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the chalk drawing photos, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ACK! These are great, especially that third shot, wow! Those chalk pictures are fantastic. Sorry I am so late making the rounds this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. better late than never : ) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete