Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Black and White Wednesday ~ Thailand

We are just back from Thailand and I'm eager to share some of our experiences with you. I'm still processing it all, so bear with me as I fight jet-lag and find the words to describe our experience.

For now, I'll share a few black and white photos from the trip....

a typical home at an idp camp in Burma
(idp stands for internally displace people...the Karen people of Karen state are
greatly oppressed by the Burmese army. We were fortunate to meet some of these
lovely people and share an evening with them in their village)

the flowers in Thailand were gorgeous - in color this is red and yellow,
 but I thought it lent itself nicely to a black and white edit




Linking up with  Black and White Wednesday 


5 comments:

  1. The starkness of the camp against the lovely mountainside beautifully captured. And that flower does lend itself well to black and white with its delicate architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been an amazing experience. The flower is gorgeous. Hope you catch up on some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely village hut and elegant flower shots for BWW ~ xoxo

    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only imagine the wonderful stories you will share. The image of the camp reminds me of those old photos my mom had treasured of a time that seems long forgotten. You captured it beautifully and the black and white gives is a nostalgic perspective. The flower...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was wonderful to journey with you on Instagram...just so much fun! I can't wait to see all the photos and read how you process your adventure!! These are both amazing in black and white - the first, so moody. And the second shows off how different all the plant varieties must have been! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete