Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Little Things


taking a moment to find joy in the little things

{pretty}
No big hike or adventure this week, but still plenty of pretty things to look at. 


Sun shining through a tree during my run.



the results of an instagram challenge


a mini-orchid I bought a Trader Joes




a pretty sunset


{happy}

also a lot of happy in the simple, little things...

Fresh eggs...my new violin student raises chickens and sells the eggs (or in my case supplies me with eggs for a discounted lesson rate). 



The 258th would-be birthday of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart! Always love an excuse to listen to Mozart all day long.



Having extra children in our home....we've had the opportunity to watch two different sets of kids this week. I love that my life is slow enough I can make myself available to help out when needed. 


{funny}

The wind has been crazy here lately. It's been so windy you don't want to go outside....so windy you lose power in the middle of the night...so windy you shouldn't even bother brushing your hair. Or so windy you decide it would make the perfect photo session.



{real}
I've also been happily following the Compassion bloggers who are in Uganda this week. Their stories are heart-warming and heart-breaking. Some of my favorites are this one, this one and this one. Actually they are ALL good and worth reading. You can find all of them HERE.

They set a goal this trip - a goal of finding sponsors for 400 kids. Right now they are at 109 - only 1/4 of the way to meeting their goal. 


9 comments:

  1. What a nice post about little unspektakular things. They make the live worth living.
    And beautifiul pictures...
    Thanks for sharing and for the links.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Mascha. And thank you for your kind words. I love finding beauty in the everyday.

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness, love these pictures!
    also, how cool are those hair shots! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelli. We had a lot of fun with the hair shots.

      Delete
  3. Those orchids are stunning. I wish I had better luck with them. My favorite shot this week is your teacup shot. I just really love that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. It's crazy how these instagram prompts are opening up a whole new level of creativity for my photography. And it all started with you and your #capturingblessing prompts in October.

      I've never had an orchid before and at only $5 for this one I figured I'd give it a try. I have another bloom opening up!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous orchids! You captured them well. I am not brave enough to own orchids. lol

    I bet there was a lot of giggling when those hair pics were taken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your photos so much!! Those with the hair in the wind, those rock! :) And I love that you trade violin lessons for fresh eggs...they are beautiful! I love all the different colors of eggs. ~ I just want to say thank you so much for all of your sweet comments and encouragement on my posts. They mean so much to me!! Blessings to you and your family, have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your photos are amazing! Thank you so much for linking up with "It's the Little Things!" We hope you join us again! xoxo

    www.sadieskyboutique.com

    ReplyDelete