Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Friday, October 25, 2013

Uniformity


One thing I've learned over the past few years....uniformity goes a long way in decreasing the appearance of clutter.

Some areas where I have applied this concept with great results include:

bathroom towels - 
I used to have two colors of towels in each bathroom. We remodeled our bathrooms this past year and it was time for new towels so I bought one color for each bathroom. HUGE difference!


spice cabinet -
I used to cringe every time I opened my spice cabinet. It always looked so cluttered. I got rid of the spices that weren't used regularly (or ever) and it still seemed cluttered. Finally one day I decided that matching jars would look so much better. My first thought was to just buy new spices - or at least stick to one brand when it was time to buy new spices. But then I ran across these sweet, inexpensive jars at World Market. I had a gift card there for my birthday, so I treated myself. And now when I open my spice cupboard, I smile.



closet hangers - 
Just look at the pictures below to see what a difference choosing one color makes.


Those are just a few examples. Next time you are looking at a clutter problem, ask yourself if there is a way to present the space more uniformly. I think you'll notice a BIG difference when you start streamlining things. Of course, the best way to minimize clutter is simply to have less stuff.

I would love to hear about areas that you have implemented this idea of uniformity. 

2 comments:

  1. I need to show you my spice cabinet sometime! I did something similar and it makes me happy every time I open it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never thought of this before, but it makes perfect sense. I'll be thinking about how I can do this in various areas...

    ReplyDelete