Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Less Stuff = More Space


I love empty spaces. When I'm able to create them, I then try to protect them.

Why do they need protecting? Because they seem to cry out...."Fill me with something!" Usually someone hears the cry and gives in by filling the space.

An empty dining room table means it's ready for a family dinner.

A cleared off bed, empty of laundry, is ready for me to crawl into each and every night.

An empty kitchen sink means I can easily and efficiently wash dishes after each meal.

An empty floor makes vacuuming so much easier.


Your challenge today - create some empty spaces and then enjoy them! See how long you can keep them empty!

A peek at empty space in my home....



To see all the posts in this series, search by the label less is more or click on THIS PAGE.

3 comments:

  1. I read somewhere once to keep one empty drawer in your kitchen. I've been able to do that off and on and it is so refreshing to look at and think about. Empty space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! It always amazes me that setting just one thing down in an empty space invites more, and before you know it, the empty space is full.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge! There are plenty of areas in my home that need to be de-cluttered.

    ReplyDelete