Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Monday, September 9, 2013

One Skirt - 8 Ways

I've never done a post like this, but had a lot of fun putting this together. Although I must admit, I also felt a little silly putting on all these different outfits and then photographing myself. 

I'm the kind of person that tends to find an outfit and then wear it like that every time I wear it. So I challenged myself to "shop my closet" and find 8 different ways to wear this purple skirt. I think 5 of the 8 were new to me, so I was happy to find some new options. I never would have thought to put the teal and purple together if I hadn't tried this little experiment, but I really like it. Same with the brown, purple and denim. 




Purple is one of my favorite colors and I have several jewelry and scarf options that can slightly alter these looks even more.

I'm trying to be more intentional in choosing items to add to my wardrobe that are versatile and can be worn in more than 1 or 2 ways. Maybe I'll do this again with another item I recently added to my wardrobe.

5 comments:

  1. I love this! First of all, you look beautiful! Second, I am so so deficient in this department. I pretty much wear only the same solid color very boring things together because my mind just does not see what goes well together! I need someone to come do this for me! I think I like the denim jacket the best but every one looks so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do this little exercise of wearing my clothes different ways as well. You are an inspiration!
    I especially like the looks with the denim jacket as well...maybe because of the greater contrast (structured jacket, flowing skirt)? They all look good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wrote and lost a comment how lovely you look in all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful as always. I need to do this so bad. Just get into a funk...and my closet is overflowing with more clothes than I really need.

    ReplyDelete