Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, September 12, 2013

GIFT: One Word ~ Three Thoughts




Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17




A gift is something you can receive.
Often on special occasions (like our birthdays), we receive gifts from others. Usually the gifts are purchased especially for us ~ something we asked for or need ~ something we will use and enjoy ~ something that will remind us of the giver.

What was the last gift you received?


A gift is something you can give.
There are a couple birthdays coming up in my family and I've spent a great deal of time thinking about the perfect gift. I like to ask people what they might want or need, but I also like to anticipate and think of gifts that I know would bring a smile and be special to that person.
What was the last gift you gave?


A gift is something you can be.
Sometimes people around us need us to step forward and be a gift to them. I have people in my life who offer encouragement, help and love when I need it the most. Sometimes it just their presence in my life that is the gift - at other times it's what they say or do.

When was the last time you were the gift?



When you sponsor a child through Compassion International, you can actually experience all three of these ideas.

Receive: letters, prayers, love, blessing, friendship, knowledge of another country and culture

Give: money, encouragement, hope, inspiration, love, prayers

Be: friend, mentor, prayer warrior, cheerleader


Will you sponsor a child?


No comments:

Post a Comment