Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Right Now...

Outside my window...The sun is shining, the garden is growing and the sprinkler is watering everything.

In my garden...Cucumbers, green peppers, strawberries, zucchini, lettuce, and tomatoes.The sunflowers,  and marigolds are getting taller and the zinnias have started to bloom. Also keep finding praying mantises in the herbs.






Reading...


Listening to...Amy Grant's newest album How Mercy Looks From Here - getting ready for Friday night.  I've also gotten hooked on Phil Vischer podcasts.


In my kitchen...Blueberry pie. The neighbors let us come pick blueberries from their bushes in the backyard and there were just enough to make a pie. It was perfect timing as we had dinner guests coming over (cousins from out of town).


Thankful for...Peace of mind after last week's mammogram and sonogram.


Planning...Next week is VBS at our church and I need to plan the missions part. Last year I presented Bite Back and this year we plan to raise money for Water of Life. I need to figure out what videos I will use and what I will say each night.

On my list of things to do...My house feels out of control. We've been going, going, going and I've been doing quite a few "stash and dash" clean-ups. I need to take some time to sort and weed out some clutter. I also want to relax and read.


Learning...I'm being a lot more intentional these days about taking my camera off the auto setting. I'm trying to experiment each day with shutter speed, aperture settings and manual focusing. I've also had fun getting my macro lens out and learning to use it.




Looking forward to...Going to an Amy Grant concert to celebrate our 17th anniversary this weekend. I'm also excited to meet Shaun Groves, who will be there to speak on behalf of Compassion.

That's what's going on in my world right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment