Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, February 28, 2013

MUST.SLOW.DOWN

February has been a crazy month.

Too many illnesses.

Too many activities.

Too many commitments.

This mama is tired.

I'm tired of trying to squeeze in school because we have to get it done. I'm tired of eating meals quickly so we can make it to the next scheduled activity. I'm tired of getting home late and the girls having to go straight to bed.

I miss family walks. I miss reading books aloud. I miss playing games. I miss quiet time. I miss going off on educational tangents because we want to know more.

It hit me hard yesterday and I realized we MUST SLOW DOWN.

I've declared March to be our "stay at home month". We can't stay home from everything. There are some things we are financially committed to and other things we are more emotionally committed to. We are all making sacrifices to make this happen. We are opening our arms wide to embrace the "home" part of homeschool.


The timing of this is perfect, in my opinion. These remaining weeks of Lent when we are supposedly making preparations and room for God in our lives. This requires slowing down.

And it's another lesson concerning my word for the year.

Now I'm off to light some candles, listen to Bach and enjoy my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment