Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Birds of the Air

I'm joining Jessica from Bohemian Bowman's for a link-up today.


Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? - Matthew 6:26



So here are some surprise blessings we received the past couple weeks....

First a phone call from our neighbors across the street. Would we be interested in any pheasant meat? Absolutely! Last year they gave us some fresh, cleaned pheasant meat and it was delicious. So good that I have started sending Kevin out hunting for more, but he always comes home empty handed. 

So I sent Kevin across the street to get it and not only did we get a bag of several pheasant breasts (cleaned and ready to cook), we also got a bag full of other goodies. 
(pheasant not pictured)



And since before Thanksgiving I've had my eye on some rather large poinsettias, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend $20 or more. I splurged and bought a small, $4 poinsettia and the next day we were given this gorgeous monster.



Also since around Thanksgiving, I've been itching to do a puzzle. Since becoming more of a minimalist the past couple years, I no longer have puzzles around the house. I borrowed one from a friend, and then my in-laws sent our family this advent themed puzzle. My youngest and I promptly put it together.



This past summer I mentioned to a good friend of mine who sews that I would love to see her make a JOY banner for my mantel. We talked about colors, looked at fabric and then a couple weeks ago she surprised me with this....


So there you have it - our birds of the air evidence. Be sure to hop over to Jessica's post, because her examples of provision are AMAZING!


1 comment: