Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Little Christmas Fun

I ran across this series of questions in my blog reading and thought it might be fun to answer them. I'd love to read your answers, too. If you post these on your own blog, let me know so I can visit!

1.       Eggnog or hot chocolate?  I much prefer coffee or tea, but I would choose hot chocolate over eggnog.

2.       Colored lights on tree/house or white? White - it's simpler.

3.       Do you hang mistletoe? No - but my grandma always did and it was in a doorway where everyone would walk through. Good memories.
        
4.       When do you hang your decorations up? Usually the first weekend of December. 
       
5.       What is your favorite holiday dessert? Cut-out cookies.
      
6.       Favorite holiday tradition as a child? We had this wooden Christmas tree with wooden ornaments to hang - one each day - as a way to count down to Christmas. My mom passed it on to me when I had kids of my own and I love seeing my girls enjoy it.

      
7.       Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? It's changed over the years, but currently no gifts until Christmas morning.
     
8.       How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights, burgandy ribbon, red star garland and then lots and lots of ornaments - some from my childhood, some from Kevin's childhood, photos of all our Compassion kids, photos of our own girls each year and the girls get ornaments every year from their grandparents. We have LOTS and LOTS of ornaments!!!
       
9.       Real tree or fake?   Fake     

10.   What is your favorite tradition?  My daughters and I "carol" our friends and neighbors with our violins. It's such a fun way to share our music and spread some holiday cheer. 
      
11.   What tops your tree?  It used to be a butterfly, but this year we finally bought a star (and the butterfly is right beneath the star - see photo above)
      
12.   Do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving!
     
13.   What is your favorite Christmas song? My favorite traditional song is O Come, O Come Emmanuel....my favorite contemporary song is Breath of Heaven.

14.   Candy canes? Maybe one.     


15.   Favorite Christmas movie? I don't really watch any of the classics year after year, but I do like watching The Nativity.
     
16.   Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? Wake up, open presents, eat brunch.
     
17.   Shop online or at the mall? A little of both.


18.   What is on your Christmas wish list? Honestly nothing. There is really nothing I want or need. I did ask for new slippers, new gardening gloves and I asked my oldest to write out one of my favorite Scriptures in calligraphy.
19.  Snow?  Love it or hate it? Having lived in many very snowy places, I feel like I've had enough snow to last a lifetime. But now that we've had 3 (coming on 4) green Christmases, a little snow would be nice.
20.  Favorite holiday food? I love all the traditional Christmas cookies  - gingerbread, cutout cookies, fudge, buck-eyes, etc. 
       
21.  When and how did you find out the truth about Santa? I really don't remember. I do remember one Christmas that I was convinced I caught a glimpse of him in our house.     
22. Favorite Holiday Memory as a child.  We always spent Christmas Eve at my grandparent's house. Both sets of my grandparents lived in the same town and we always got together on Christmas Eve. We would eat dinner and then open presents. Christmas morning we would open presents from our parents and then several friends and family members would come over for brunch. 
       

2 comments:

  1. I adore this set of questions! I answered them on my blog as well :) thanks for posting these!

    ReplyDelete