Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Friday, December 28, 2012

A Break

I've been enjoying my break from our normal routine immensely this week. I had no idea how much I needed this and I can hardly believe it's already half over.

It's been fun to say to my girls, "Make sure you sleep in" every night as I tuck them into bed. They are pretty good about it anyway, rarely rising before 7:30 am, even on Christmas morning.

We've been sleeping in, reading books (I've already started and finished 2 books this week!), watching movies, playing Legos, playing violin (it's the only thing I'm asking them to do each day), eating cookies, cross-country skiing, going for bike rides/runs, hanging out with friends, playing games and so much more.

The one thing I'm NOT doing....shopping. The other day I needed to run into to Target for one thing, but as I drove into the parking lot I realized I would walk out of there with some after Christmas deals. So I didn't let myself go in. I figured out a way to make do and go without the one thing I needed.

I hear another book calling my name so I better go. In the meantime, I'll leave you with a few photos from our ski adventure yesterday.




What have you been doing this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment