I'm not a great cook, but I've been trying quite a few recipes and was curious if quinoa could/would/should replace macaroni pasta in mac and cheese.
I googled it but didn't find anything interesting.
So I experimented.
And I fell in love all over again.
I've even served it to several different people who all gave their approval. Even my 5 years old daughter prefers the quinoa version to the pasta version.
Here's what I do.....
Quinoa Mac and Cheese Casserole
1 (16oz) cottage cheese 2 C shredded cheddar
1 (80z) sour cream 2 C quinoa
1 large egg paprika
¾ tsp salt 1 C breadcrumbs
½ tsp pepper 3 T butter
· Cook quinoa while prepping other ingredients.
· In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, egg, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese. Stir well.
· Drain quinoa (if necessary) and add to bowl. Stir to combine
· Spoon into lightly greased casserole baking dish and sprinkle with paprika.
· Melt butter and stir in breadcrumbs. Spread on top for crusty top.
· Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.