Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Quinoa Mac and Cheese


I've recently fallen in love with quinoa.

I'm not a great cook, but I've been trying quite a few recipes and was curious if quinoa could/would/should replace macaroni pasta in mac and cheese.

I googled it but didn't find anything interesting.

So I experimented.

And I fell in love all over again.



I've even served it to several different people who all gave their approval. Even my 5 years old daughter prefers the quinoa version to the pasta version.

Here's what I do.....


Quinoa Mac and Cheese Casserole


1 (16oz) cottage cheese                                             2 C shredded cheddar
1 (80z) sour cream                                                    2 C quinoa
1 large egg                                                                  paprika
¾ tsp salt                                                                   1 C breadcrumbs
½ tsp pepper                                                             3 T butter


·        Cook quinoa while prepping other ingredients.
·        In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, egg, salt, pepper and cheddar cheese. Stir well.
·        Drain quinoa (if necessary) and add to bowl. Stir to combine
·        Spoon into lightly greased casserole baking dish and sprinkle with paprika.
·        Melt butter and stir in breadcrumbs. Spread on top for crusty top.
·        Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.



     You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing! How can you go wrong with all that cheese? We will have to try it one of these days!

    ReplyDelete