Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Week Unplugged

I'll start off with a confession..... I didn't do this perfectly. But then again I don't do most things perfectly.

I went into this past week with m own set of boundaries and my main goal was to severely limit my computer time. To that end I was successful.

I thought I would have tons of extra time on my hands, finding myself bored, but it seems I kept myself pretty busy with other things. Here are some of the highlights:

I created an Easter garden with my girls.


I found myself sitting down to read in the middle of the day.

I connected with 3 new friends - sitting face to face, talking in real time - at a local coffee shop.

I doubled my running distance from 3 miles to 6 miles.

We made cookies and delivered them to our neighbors. 


We took several family walks.

We went hiking.

I played my violin several times.

I ate breakfast and lunch with my girls - at the table - not sitting in front of the computer.

I went up to bed with my husband, not stopping to check my email first.


It was a good week - a much needed break.

Did you unplug? If so, how did it go for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment