Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Taking Photos

Yesterday as my family went on our weekly hike, I realized how much photography has enhanced my experience. Sometimes I find myself telling myself to put my camera down and just enjoy the moment.... to stop trying to get the perfect photo, but not yesterday.

Our hike yesterday was not spectacular in the way one would normally define spectacular. It was drizzly and foggy so there were no fantastic views. There were no waterfalls to gaze upon. 



But as I stopped to take photos I realized how doing so was enhancing my experience. I was looking at leaves from new angles...





I was noticing how many different kinds of moss and lichen were growing everywhere.




How the dew and rain had collected on webs, leaves and berries...




How critters nestle in the leaves...


How the glory and splendor of nature was displayed through vibrant color everywhere I looked - all pointing back to our Creator...



Even a leaf, fallen in the middle of the path, became beautiful and unique.

I felt like I had been given a new set of eyes to see and appreciate the beauty all around me.






5 comments:

  1. I love this about photography, I slow down and really look at things, and whether or not I get a picture out of it, I'm much more present with camera in hand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill your photography is absolutely beautiful. I've said that before, but it's like you've been taking it to a new level recently. I am in awe of the details you bring to life... and I especially love the subject matter. :)

    Seeing the green moss from your recent hike made me yearn for the green moss up in Arkansas, but then I remind myself that there are many wonders here in Florida as well. Our moss isn't on the forest floor but it drapes from the trees in tender tentacles.

    Thank you for sharing your hike with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos, Jill. I relate to this. I'm "seeing" so much more with my camera. Like you, it's brought me so much joy, peace, and closeness to the Creator. And what a lovely hike with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello...I've just discovered your blog from a link at Minimalist Packrat.

    I just wanted to say that your photos are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete