Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Guest Post at FIMBY


In 1994 I began sponsoring a little girl in Kenya through Compassion International. Eager to change the world from my dormitory room, I set out to make a difference in Judith’s life. Very quickly I realized how far my monthly contribution was going and how much this sponsorship was changing Judith’s life and living circumstances. I was very pleased to be making a global impact, but began to realize Judith was not the only one who was being changed.

I wanted to do more, but sponsoring more children at this point in life was not an option. Instead, I became an official volunteer advocate and began talking about Compassion’s ministry to others in hopes of recruiting new sponsors.

To read the rest, hop on over to one of my favorite blogs, FIMBY.

No comments:

Post a Comment