Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Park Day


One of the reasons I love homeschooling is the opportunities I have to enjoy simple, fun days with my daughters. Although I sometimes get weary of the monotony of it all, it is days like today that serve as a stark reminder of why I do what I do.

It's a beautiful day - sunny and warm. We live only half a mile from a fantastic park so we loaded up our wagon with lunch, school books and a blanket and set off for the park.

We ate lunch on benches by the lake. Then we headed to a natural playground (made of logs and other natural things). Finally we set off to find an appropriate spot to work our brains.

This is what we found and no one else was there...


We eventually spread out our blanket and read some books together.


Before we came home the girls walked through the splash pad (next time we need to throw bathing suits and towels in the wagon!)


I love days like this - simple and seemingly perfect. Now the girls are on the front porch playing with the pine cones, rocks and petals they collected on our walk home.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a wonderful day, Jill! BTW, I like the blog revamp! Quite lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete