Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Slowing Down

We make every effort to get out in nature every weekend and today was no exception. We had a wonderful week of sun here, and took advantage of one last sunny day before the rain returns. We headed west for a day at the beach.

Today's outing was perfect, in my opinion. We had a 1.8 mile hike to the beach, where we explored and rested for several hours. It was so peaceful sitting in the sun, listening to the waves, reading a book and watching my girls play in and around the tide pools.

4 comments:

  1. Wishing you a Happy Easter, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh So very beautiful! Who can deny there's a god when this kind of beauty exist in the world. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a sunny day at the beach in the Northwest!! Lucky you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo! It's a yucky, rainy day today in DFW - so I'm envious for sure.

    ReplyDelete