Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

5 More Things


In today's pile are books my girls have outgrown. I used to be of the mindset that one could not own too many books. I'm completely rethinking that belief, and learning to use and appreciate the library more and more. In fact, I am learning that too many books is a major distraction in my own life. I often have a couple books on my shelf that I'm wanting to read. When I look at them, instead of excitement and anticipation, I begin to feel bad that I haven't read them yet. I've also found that reading too many books keeps me from reading the most important Book. One final thought on books is that I've found myself reading them quickly so I can move on to the next one on my list. I'm seriously considering removing the majority of my books and seeing if it brings peace and focus. What are your 5 things for the day?

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh i forgot!!! and i even came home early! i spent some of the afternoon sewing. does a pile of scrap fabric count?! i have GOT to do this though!

    ReplyDelete