Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Monday, April 5, 2021

Arizona - Day 2 - Grand Canyon

Our family traveled to Arizona for part of our spring break...we spent day 1 in Sedona, and on day 2 we woke up early and headed north to see the Grand Canyon. 


The last time I was there, I was 10 years old...




I took a lot of photos...but who wouldn't?  Thankfully the quality of my camera is better than the one used to take that photo of me when I was 10. We arrived at the entrance gate a little after 9 am and got into the park fairly quickly.  It was chilly, but sunny, and we decided to walk the rim trail to the village. 







There are so many places to stop and take in the majesty of the canyon. It really is unbelievable...and we only saw a small portion of it!









We intended to take the shuttle to see more of the canyon, but there were COVID limitations that prevented us from doing so. Instead we decided to head out and find something else to do. When we left the park (around 12:30), the cars were backed up for MILES trying to get in. I'm so glad we got there early!






5 comments:

  1. ...I'll never been there, it's a place that I would love to see. Thanks for taking me along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow!! What a gorgeous sight to be seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow adds another touch of beauty. Hard to believe you needed coats there while it's shorts weather on the south end of the state.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning photos! We had to cancel our planned trip to AZ and UT which was to have been in May last year. You make me yearn to reschedule!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/04/after-rain.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome place! I was there many years ago, before I started taking photos of everything.

    It's terrific to see you at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    ReplyDelete