Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Sunday, April 4, 2021

Arizona - Day 1 - Sedona

For spring break we decided to visit Arizona. It's an easy and cheap flight from Oregon, and we wanted to go somewhere warm and new. I traveled to Arizona when I was 10, but I don't remember much of that trip. 

We flew into Phoenix and drove up to Sedona for the first 3 nights. Unfortunately, there was a cold front that came through and our one and only full day in Sedona was cold, cloudy and rainy. In the end, I think the unfavorable weather played to our advantage. We were able to find easy parking for a quick scramble up Cathedral Rock....when we came down there were at least 10 cars waiting for a parking spot!












the famed Chapel of the Holy Cross as seen from my zoom lens while hiking up Cathedral Rock



the chapel again, this time standing right below it...






We also visited the arts shopping area called Tlaquepaque...designed after a city in Mexico. The sycamore trees and ivy growing on the buildings were amazing. 










I'm linking up with  Good, Random, Fun and Seasons





























4 comments:

  1. So beautiful these red rocks. The rock formations and the red reminds me of Utah! Had no idea that Sedona would look like this. We were thinking about it as a possibility to move to, but the pricing of houses was a little out of our league - now I understand why:) The shopping area and bell tower look cosy and quaint. Thank you for sharing this beautiful trip with All Seasons. No doubt you had a festive Easter! Have a great week, Jesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! Love that heart shaped cactus with spines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What breathtaking views! Glad you got away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos! That looks like such a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete