Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Three Family Walks

We are in the peak of autumn - beautiful fall foliage and beautiful weather. I've been intentional about getting out every day to enjoy it. Over the weekend, I managed to also get my family (or part of my family) out with me.

Family walk #1.... I put a hike on the calendar for my girls and I, but my youngest daughter was recovering from a cold. So this one was just my oldest daughter and me. We walked from our house, past some apple and pear orchards to a trail that follows a creek. 









Family walk #2.... This one included all of us. We headed to the hills east of our town and walked a familiar road/trail. We have done this trail so many times - mostly before we moved here and I have so many memories of this trail. It's a beautiful place to look out over the town and valley. 









Family walk #3....this was a new trail to all of us. We thought maybe there would be a trail along the Hood River, but we had no idea what it would be like. We were amazed by this trail. It starts off as a trail, turns into walking along the railroad track (that is no longer used) and then turns into a catwalk built on top of an old pipe system. It was such a fun discovery and it's right here in our town!











Linking up with



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, Jill. I love autumn.
    Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2019/10/sunrise-over-my-happy-place.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to discover new places near home to enjoy. We had a picnic at a local beach park this week. It wasn't new to use, but hadn't been there for years. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great scenery on your walks. Most families would be happy to take one walk, so you're blessed! Fabulous autumn colors.

    I'm so glad to see you at 'My Corner of the World' this week!

    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 beautiful trails. I love the autumn colours in your part of the world. Thanks for taking us along. I really enjoyed the images and the views you found along the way. Enjoy the rest of your week. I am joining you today at the Randomosity linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall is really the perfect time of year to hike in the woods. Beautiful captures!

    ReplyDelete