Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Sunday, September 12, 2021

Sunflowers in the Garden

I'm back from a much needed blogging break...

The sunflowers in my garden are just spectacular. I'm always amazed that so much beauty can come from a simple seed. Some of sunflowers barely grow and produce tiny, delicate flowers. Others grow taller than my house and produce huge flowers and/or multiple flowers. One single stalk in my garden has over 20 blooms on it!





 





When I saw this particular sight one morning last week, I was struck by the fact that I wait all year for this exact sight. I save my seeds and dream about planting them all winter. In the spring I eagerly wait for the danger of frost to pass so I can plant. Once the seeds are planted, I check daily to see what growth may have occurred. And then when the plants start growing, I get so excited. Finally.... after months and months of dreaming, waiting and watching...I get to see them bloom!



Above is the sunflower and scarlett runner beans during the day
Below is the same scene on the same night at sunset







I'm linking up with  Good, Random, Fun and Garden Affair





5 comments:

  1. Hello i come from blog japur garden that i follow also and i saw your link standing there.I like it always to meet some other blogwriters on this way. And i like it what you share. Sunflowers are always grateful if you has them in garden. And many insects also. Beautiful photography and best regards from the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful sunflowers! I just love those sunny bright blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating flowers. Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! I love Sunflowers, The shot of Fro in the Sunflower is adorable. Thanks for sharing with garden Affair.

    ReplyDelete