Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Sunday, June 13, 2021

Fruit and Frogs in the Garden

 the good....

This is my third full summer in our new garden. The raspberries I transplanted from one side of the property to the other are LOADED with berries. I love raspberries, but I'll never need this much. My plan is to let my students go out and pick after their lesson this week and/or next. And my daughter might sell some at our local farmer's market community table. Last year she set up a small table on our road and sold out within a few minutes. 






I have always wanted blueberries and was lucky enough to inherit 9 bushes with this house. 3 of those 9 aren't producing this year and look pretty sad...I think I will pull them and replace them with new bushes. I absolutely love watching blueberries grow and mature...they are the most unique and beautiful fruit in every stage. 




We also inherited 2 beautiful plum trees with this property and they are also LOADED with fruit!



I think this is a marionberry vine.... it's growing in the middle of the yard and last year it produced some delicious berries. It's even bigger this year and I'm excited for these yummy berries to ripen.



the random...

While shopping for seeds this year I ran across the "Jill Pumpkin" variety. Seeing as my name is Jill and I was born and raised in Morton, IL...the pumpkin capital of the world....I had to order some! I had my first bloom this week.





the fun....

My previous garden and a lot of frogs...hundreds if not thousands. I'm not even kidding. This garden has a few, but they are hard to find. I used to post a frog photo every Friday on instagram called "Frog Friday" and "fiddlejill's frogs". Now, whenever I find one, I do a little photo shoot so I can have some frog photos. This guy we actually found in our spare bedroom...inside the house!!! I have no idea how or why, but I did not waste the opportunity. 


he was mostly cooperative until he was not...






I'm linking up with  Good, Random, FunSeasons and Garden Affair

3 comments:

  1. Oo the tasty side of the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The action shot of the frog is cool all the same! Thanks for joining #Allseasons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! I am drooling over all the berries. Thanks for joining Garden Affair. The Frog capture is awesome.

    ReplyDelete