Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Buffalo Irish Festival

Last week we traveled to Buffalo, NY to participate in the Irish Festival. My husband grew up in western NY and his entire family still lives there, so we had the added bonus of visiting family. We practiced all summer for this one performance and it was fun to play for so many familiar faces. 










Our biggest fans....parents! My mom and Kevin's mom with their husbands. My mom spends summers in MI, so she and her husband drove over for the event.



After our set was done, we headed over to the big stage and heard Eileen Ivers and her band. I bought her album Wild Blue back in 1996 - it was my first celtic cd and I fell in love with her fiddling. It was amazing (and a bit intimidating) to be playing at the same Irish Festival as her. We went up and introduced ourselves when she was done.



I'm linking up with Good, Random, Fun and Seasons

2 comments:

  1. Great to have your parents as fans:) They look like they still enjoy life - that is great. No doubt your music was fun to listen to! Many thanks for sharing these personal experiences with All Seasons -have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete