Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread - Proverbs 30:8

Thursday, August 23, 2018

I'd Rather Be Reading



Over the past 17 years I've become quite a reader. I started recording the books I read each month in 2001 and it's been fun to look back at my reading life. For many years I would read anywhere from 2-5 books a month. This year I'm averaging 10-12 books a month. I include books I read aloud to the girls for school and audio books (which are saving my life right now! I can read and paint the new house the the same time - it's brilliant!)



I push myself to read some classics - I usually choose 3 at the beginning of each year, and add them to my list. I also read quite a bit of children's literature, particularly books that have won the Newberry award.



I love bookstores and libraries. I love to wander through the displays and aisles to see what is there. Personally, I rely on the library for most of my books. I don't feel the need to own all the books, but every once in a while, I will read a book that I love enough to buy it.



I've just finished reading I'd Rather Be Reading The Delights and Dilemmas of the Reading Life by Anne Bogel. It's a delightful little book with essays about reading. I'm honored to be part of the launch team for this book that releases September 4th. I've enjoyed Anne's blog, The Modern Mrs. Darcy, for a  couple years now and absolutely love her podcast, What Should I Read Next?

I also love that this was my 100th book I read this year!

I'd love to know....are you a reader?





I'm linking up with Little Things Thursday

4 comments:

  1. I love to read! I read a lot. But I now do it all as ebooks. And I get them from BookBub.com where I mostly choose free books. It's like having an entire public library right in my home. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That as impressive number of books read!!
    I read some great books this summer! Highly recommend "Rabbit Cake" and "Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have to add that book to my reading list, although I had to stop listening to her podcast. I found I was adding too many 'want to read' books to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes I love reading. I love it even more now with my Kindle since I can find books that our local library doesn't have. Lately I tend to gravitate towards easy to read mystery books but I do like a wide variety of subjects and books.

    ReplyDelete